我是我命運的船長,我是我靈魂的舵手

2012年2月10日 星期五

我是我命運的船長,我是我靈魂的舵手


我是我命運的船長,我是我靈魂的舵手


Invictus
不可征服
    – by William Ernest Henley. 1849–1903
  - 威廉·歐尼斯特·亨裡(英)
Out of the night that covers me,
透過覆蓋著我的黑夜
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
黑暗依舊層層疊疊
I thank whatever gods may be,
我感謝上帝
For my unconquerable soul. 
賜我不可征服的靈魂
In the fell clutch of circumstance,
即便被地獄緊緊拖拽
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
我也沒有畏懼或哭嚎
Under the bludgeonings of chance,
即便遭受命運的重擊
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
獻血淋漓,但我的頭顱依然挺立
Beyond this place of wrath and tears,
在這片充滿憤怒與淚水的土地上
Looms but the horror of the shade,
恐怖的陰影在遊蕩
And yet the menace of the years
但即便歲月不停威脅
Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.
亦將發現我毫無懼色
It matters not how strait the gate,
不管命運之門如何狹窄
How charged with punishments the scroll,
也無論承受怎樣的懲罰
I am the master of my fate,
我,是我命運的主宰
I am the captain of my soul.
我,是我靈魂的舵手